Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I need an extra window seal plate for insignia a/c but unable to find in parts? Help

Just bought an insignia 8000 BTU A/C model NS-AC8PWH8.  I now realize that the place where I would have like to put the exhaust is too small an opening, meaning I would need to cut the seal plate.  That is fine by me but I would like a normal seal plate, an extra, should I move and the windows need the full length provided.  Well no where on the best buy site, and this is a best buy exclusive product.  So I hope that someone out there has managed to get best buy to come up with a solution since I bought the extended warranty.  And mind you this is the second A/C for the apartment, basement, one bedroom but the shape is that of an I-bar rather than box type.  And me, I like the doors, I can keep the bedroom closed and give access to the toilet or not.  So does the staff look at this and does anyone have an email address and had any luck with this type of problem?

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: I need an extra window seal plate for insignia a/c but unable to find in parts? Help

Hi there,

as this is a peer-to-peer forum it is not monitored by Customer Service.

You have two options from what I gather, you can try to call 1-866-BESTBUY and see if they have a solution for you, but I would first suggest you contact Insignia directly and see if they can ship you a spare seal plate.

There may be charges incurred for this, just to keep that in mind.

Best of luck
Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Legendary Oracle

Re: I need an extra window seal plate for insignia a/c but unable to find in parts? Help

You can contact Insignia directly using the link provided, to order spare parts.

You can also use anything else to block the window opening, such as a wooden plinth, cut to size, in case the spare part is not available or too costly.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg