Pioneer
0 Kudos

Has anyone in Canada received their DJI Mavic from Best Buy?

[ Edited ]

I understand that there have been several issues with DJI on the release of this drone and that their communication has been lacking.  Has anyone in Canada received the Mavic through Best Buy?  The release date keeps changing and the last one that I had was Jan 15th but I just called Best Buy customer service and they don't really know if it will actually ship on that day.  DJI is now saying 7 to 10 days for shipping if you order it directly from them.  I'm confused why they are saying that publically but Best Buy Canada can't tell me when I will receive my pre-order that was placed on Sept 29th.  Best Buy Canada has even taken the Mavic off of their website entirely.  I'm starting to think that maybe Best Buy Canada is in some kind of dispute with DJI and/or they just don't want to fullfill their pre-orders that had a 10% discount...

The Captain
0 Kudos

What's the deal with BestBuy and the DJI Mavic

[ Edited ]

So, Best Buy has been shipping the DJI Mavic in the US for a while now. People that have ordered as late as November 18th 2016 have already received theirs. What’s the deal here in Canada? I have contacted customer support and they escalated my request for information with the promise that I would have an answer in 5 business days. Well I’ve heard nothing! I ordered on Oct 24th 2016 and I guess I am naïve in thinking that the preorders would be filled in the order they were received but that is obviously not the case. My initial delivery date was set for the 15th of November it then got bumped to the 23rd of Nov now it says it isn’t released until Dec 31st. How can that be when preorders made well after min are being filled in the US. At the very least Best Buy could try and keep Canadian customers informed, but I guess as true Canadians we should keep quiet and be polite, because Canadian customers are defiantly not a priority for Best Buy.  

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: What's the deal with BestBuy and the DJI Mavic

Best Buy US and Canada are 2 seperate companies, Best Buy Canada has no control over what the US company does, its likely that the item just has not come to the canadian stores yet

Scout

[ Edited ]

I have had one on Order since Sept 27th!! And the date just keeps getting pushed back. I will never pre-order anything from Bestbuy canada again. I get the delays from DJI, but the lack of canadian stock just doesn't make sense. To prove a point, I place an order with **competitor**.com on Nov 21st. They had a ship date of "End of November". So i said what the heck, worth a shot... end of November came and no shipment, BUT, **competitor** CALLED me personally.... They told me the shipment was delayed and would ship out Dec 12th... Dec 12th came, and nothing.... They called me again and said they are terribly sorry for the delay, but that they would FOR SURE be shipped early next week. I said ok, but I had already gotten one from **competitor**, ordered for pickup from their website and got one from their store that day. anyways the next week rolled around, (Around Dec 20th) and I called them to cancel the order, and they said are you sure they are shipping out today.... I said yes, because i had already gotten one... anyways I checked later that day and **competitor** had stock on their website later that day.

Anyways something fishy going on with best buy canada. **competitor** was less than a month... I have also found stock of batteries etc at **competitor**.ca...

Anyways I love the product.... but my future purchases will be with other retailers... I mean I couldn't possibly have to wait longer elsewhere.. 3 months already on the order.....

Scout
0 Kudos

The fact that this forum uses the words competitor to block out the other companies that are doing a better job rather than trying to be the best retailer says it all.....

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Unbelievable, I placed my Pre-order last week. Now it's not even an option to do that. More info please!
The Captain
0 Kudos

BestBuy has not pushed the release dat to Jan 15th 2017! I emailed Customer service that had emailed me that there was no stock anywhere with a screenshot of bestbuy.com having stock in stores! 

The Captain
0 Kudos

Release date pushed back again, now Jan 15th 2017 and yet they are instock in stores in the United States!

The Captain
0 Kudos

Ya bestbuy canada is a joke, I'll never preorder from them again.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I got billed, ordered on December 25th for delivery on January 16th. No tracking info though.