Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Logan blu ray and steelbook

Reading around the web and it sounds like Logan Noir is being included with ALL Blu-ray releases. It does not appear to be an exclusive to any particular edition.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Logan Noir

[ Edited ]

Logan Noir?!!!

I can't believe this new trend where they're taking brand new releases and changing them from colour to black and white!

This is like when they released colour versions of old movies like "It's A Wonderful Life"

This is the worst idea since George Lucas travelled back in time to 40 years ago this month to change his "Star Wars Special Edition" and released just "Star Wars" which showed Han Solo shooting Greedo in cold blood, trying to make us believe that Greedo never SHOT AT ALL!!!

Next you'll be telling me that now that I have purchased a sealed box set of "The X-Files Complete Series" that they'll air a new season next year!

This is an outrage!!!

By the way @pikachuforever, any word on whether they'll include this Logan "black & white" version on a second tape for the full screen VHS or Beta release?

Luminary
0 Kudos

@casey1985

Blame Mad Max - Fury Road for this particular trend.

It's included with the purchase, so no big deal, but Mad Max forced a double dip with their Black & Chrome edition.

I'ts not a new concept, just like vinyl,  "Everything Old is New Again" Smiley Wink

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Jacques1400

Yes I saw the steelbook release of that version for sale out there.  

I don't know if the movie itself looks good that way because I haven't seen that version but I knew when I saw that it was a steelbook that people would want to own it either way.

Another big score for the resellers.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Logan Noir why not? Hey, it's Jackman's last time as Wolverine so let's milk it as much as we can. We are Fox after all!Smiley LOL  

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Happy we won't need to double dip on this like with Mad Max.

But in defence of both -- it sounds like the filmmakers were intent on always having black and white versions made. For Logan specifically, the original set photos they were releasing on the Instagram account were black and white. So Logan Noir should not be a surprise to anyone who was following the marketing.

Logan

Logan

Logan

Logan

The Captain
0 Kudos

Are you kidding me? LOGAN...Already sold out? For a pre-order?! Every single time I go and check if its ready to pre-order its always sold out. No longer available. Force Awakens, La La Land, Dr. Strange....all the way back to Mad Max.

I know Steelbooks are limited edition and only so many are available. But its like Best Buy has 4 available for pre-order and that's it. "SOLD OUT" 3 hours after going live on site.

Each time I'll get the same answer ("It was available for pre-order...here's a link to the list.") It doesn't help when its only available for pre-order for 1 day. Trying to get Steelbooks @ best buy is like trying to buy an NES Classic from Nintendo. 

I can't be the only one with this frustration. 

But hey look...Beauty and the Beast Steelbook has been available for pre-order FOR WEEKS. I guess I'll get that. 

The Oracle

@uly55e5 if you did follow the forums yesterday it was available all day long. We all knew it would go live May 2
The Captain
0 Kudos

ok cool.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

@Danno82

According to some relatively reliable sources, Logan Noir will be included in the BB U.S. edition, so it is safe to assume that the Canadian edition will also have it. As with La La Land, nothing was ever mentionned about including a 4K, but it did have one.

Logan-Steelbook-Best-Buy-Exclusive-768x506.jpg

"Logan is coming home on May 23, and you may want to get to Best Buy to secure your copy, especially if you are like me and collect Steelbooks. The Steelbook will come in a Three-Disc Set with a Blu-Ray, DVD, and a third disc that will include Logan Noir, the black and white version of the film coming to theaters one night only on May 16."

It would be highly unlikely that BBY Canada's version of the Logan Steelbook would include the 4K version of the film, mainly because of the price point at $32.99. Assassins's Creed had the same price with no 4K. Can you confrim this @BBYTerence?