Community Manager

Re: Logan blu ray and steelbook

Hi @Marcus05.

On my list, it does NOT indicate that the Logan steelbook comes with a 4K version of the film. As far as I know, it's a no to 4K.

BD+D/DHD is what's indicated. 

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

@Marcus05

You are correct, the price point does not suggest a 4K, your only option is BB U.S.

As with XXX & FF8, they have both 4K and BD/DVD steelbook editions to choose from.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

uly55e5 wrote:

Are you kidding me? LOGAN...Already sold out? For a pre-order?! Every single time I go and check if its ready to pre-order its always sold out. No longer available. Force Awakens, La La Land, Dr. Strange....all the way back to Mad Max.

I know Steelbooks are limited edition and only so many are available. But its like Best Buy has 4 available for pre-order and that's it. "SOLD OUT" 3 hours after going live on site.

Each time I'll get the same answer ("It was available for pre-order...here's a link to the list.") It doesn't help when its only available for pre-order for 1 day. Trying to get Steelbooks @ best buy is like trying to buy an NES Classic from Nintendo. 

I can't be the only one with this frustration. 

But hey look...Beauty and the Beast Steelbook has been available for pre-order FOR WEEKS. I guess I'll get that. 

As with the NES Classic, it's best to watch the forum. @BBYTerence let us all know it would be available for pre-order on May 2, and it was there all day and when I checked late last night. It's not ideal, but if you don't want to miss out -- that's probably the easiest thing to do.

Luminary

Hey @uly55e5,

You are not the only one with this frustration; it has happened all of more than you can imagine but pikachuforever did state it is best to watch the forum. Sometimes steelbooks that are sold out online for preorder Best buy will get more shipments; perfect example for this that The Transformers steelbook that was out of stock online is now available if you are interested.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?query=transformers%20steelbook

But my only suggestion is to continuely watch the forum for updates 2-3 times a day to see if Logan is put back up.

The Captain

SEE! Thats how you respond to someone's rant on a Forum! Understanding my point AND THEN helping me out with a pro-tip to continue checking the site (even tho I would've done that anyway Smiley Happy) with a "prime" example (pun intended)

A textbook example on how to respond to someone, unlike the other helpful suggestion i got early, "We all knew it would go live May 2"

Thanks@bjmaxvin67 ! I appreciated your tone and help! Kudos to you!

The Captain

Thanks for responding @pikachuforever! I'm gonna continue checking back on the site for updates. 

Luminary

You are very welcome @uly55e5; I was also writing to inform you that another member on the forum @Leafs17 announced that John Wick Chapter 2 is online for preorder.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/john-wick-chapter-2-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-combo-201...

I am not sure if you want it or undecided but another member @casey1985 made a great suggestion "when you have the chance, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS Pre-Order.  You can always return it later." I just hope they also sell the first movie.Smiley Very Happy

The Captain

Oh man! John Wick 2! Great movie! @bjmaxvin67 I saw that earlier today on the BB.com site. Thanks for the heads up!

There is no truest advice when it comes to pre-ordering! Also if you were looking at the US site...there is a steelbook for John Wick 1 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/john-wick-includes-digital-copy-only--best-buy-steelbook-blu-ray-dvd-201...

Looks like it releases the same day as JW2. Here's hoping we get it as well! 

(and yes...I did pre-order JW2 Smiley Wink)

JW1Steelbok.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @uly55e5,

You are not the only one with this frustration; it has happened all of more than you can imagine but pikachuforever did state it is best to watch the forum. Sometimes steelbooks that are sold out online for preorder Best buy will get more shipments; perfect example for this that The Transformers steelbook that was out of stock online is now available if you are interested.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?query=transformers%20steelbook

But my only suggestion is to continuely watch the forum for updates 2-3 times a day to see if Logan is put back up.

Some of us have to work for a living...

not feasible to watch your forum or website 2-3 times a day...

how about making more copies available initially?

...or release them in batches, half today, half tomorrow?

seems like when i skip a day of 'continuely watching', because I actually have a life, I miss all the steelbooks I'm looking for...

:-S

Legendary Epic Genius

DoodlesMom wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @uly55e5,

Some of us have to work for a living...

not feasible to watch your forum or website 2-3 times a day...

how about making more copies available initially?

...or release them in batches, half today, half tomorrow?

seems like when i skip a day of 'continuely watching', because I actually have a life, I miss all the steelbooks I'm looking for...

:-S

I feel like all of us work for a living. How else can we afford some of these steelbooks at $36.99 price points?! So saying "you have a life" is kind of arrogant and frankly offensive. I have a life, but I also have caught on that if I really want something -- I need to make sure I find a way to get it.

That said, we have yet to figure out what the allocation of product is. Some have stayed up on the site for much longer than others, so there does not seem to be any sort of pattern. Some steelbooks even show up for small windows closer to release date, which @BBYTerence has been very good about notifying us of in advance on these forums. If you are on the forum now, there are ways to subscribe to certain threads so you can see the new posts. The "Upcoming Steelbooks Discussion Thread" seems to be one of the main hubs for steelbook news and links to live pre-orders. If it's really that inconvenient to check a website once or twice in a day for something you really want, then subscribe and link that email account to your phone. Lots of ways to make it happen so you don't end up disappointed.