Community Manager

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook

This is a thread for the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook.

Best Buy Canada will be carrying a steelbook for this. There is no other information at this time, but it is a yes to a steelbook.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook

[ Edited ]

Great job!!!
Didn't see it in theaters, but will surely buy this to complete the Steelbook/Viva Metal Box Future Shop collection as @SonicBoom mentionned earlier here!

Also, if this has the whole title, I can see this selling many copies as in Europe, it's Salazar's Revenge.... completist will prefer the "original" name!

The Oracle

Any idea @BBYTerence if there will be a wave of the first 4 in steelbook?

@Drum18 I saw it and i really enjoyed it. Too bad Ragetti & Pintel weren't in it which I read they didn't want to play the same character again. Also a tip. Fast forward the credits the the Very end. I had to sit for what felt a interity for the post credits
Legendary Epic Genius

I saw this in theatres too and liked it.

It is a bit of a re-hash of the first movie, but it is much better than the last few POTC movies.

I'm thrilled to see we will be getting DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES.  However, now I will have to get the 2D SteelBook + the 3D disc separately.

Luminary
0 Kudos

@Leprekon Disney will likely just do slipcovers 

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Leprekon wrote:

Also a tip. Fast forward the credits the the Very end. I had to sit for what felt a interity for the post credits

I am glad there is a steelbook for this movie; but I never got the other ones. But, I do recall Future Shop did released the original steelbooks for all of the Pirates of the Caribean movies as a Blu-ray steel during their 12 weeks of steelbooks promo. Seeing how the last Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides came out in 2011 way before I even started collecting steelbooks.  I also hope Disney decides to re release the first four in steelbook or do the something like what Universal did with The Mummy Ultimate Collection Steelbook; make one steelbook with the four movies and @Leprekon after seeing the end credit scene you kind of gather there will be another sequel; even though the they said this wil be the last. Smiley LOL 

Community Manager

Leprekon wrote:

@Drum18 I saw it and i really enjoyed it. Too bad Ragetti & Pintel weren't in it which I read they didn't want to play the same character again. Also a tip. Fast forward the credits the the Very end. I had to sit for what felt a interity for the post credits

Hey!

I'm told that Best Buy Canada will not be selling steelbooks for the previous Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Smiley Sad 

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence anything on a possible release date ? obviously its gonna be September 

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Hey!

I'm told that Best Buy Canada will not be selling steelbooks for the previous Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Smiley Sad 

It's too bad for new collectors, but gotta admit my "old" set still feels special as they were in the first steels I ever got back in the day in 2011 in-store at Future Shop for retail even if they released in 2009!!!

z01.jpgz02.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

Will this steelbook include the 3d version?