The Captain

Re: Quality of Steelbooks - Spine Slashes, damages, etc...

Thanks @BBYTerence for addressing this! Here's mine with slashes across the front of the cover (across the knees on Logan).

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

jtothen wrote:

Thanks @BBYTerence for addressing this! Here's mine with slashes across the front of the cover (across the knees on Logan).

That's the nastiest slash I've ever seen on a steel. **bleep**.

Luminary
0 Kudos

I ordered 2 copies of Logan and they both arrived dented on the front cover. Story was sold out when I went to exchange one, so I got stuck with it. I too will have to start ordering 3 or 4 of every Steelbook now just to (hopefully) insure I get at least 1 good one.
Luminary
0 Kudos

Danno82 wrote:
 I too will have to start ordering 3 or 4 of every Steelbook now just to (hopefully) insure I get at least 1 good one.

@Danno82 I am considering doing the same thing and while I have ordered two of most of the new releases I might add one more order to each title. That being said I am not looking forward to having to return the unopened copies I do not want; the looks you get at the return desk are priceless. While they are always friendly and polite you can tell part of them wants to ask me why the **expletive** did you buy do many if you are only going to return them.  Smiley LOL  

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

And then they eventually ban you from shopping there and online if the manager gets frustrated with all of the returns.

So be careful.

Luminary
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

And then they eventually ban you from shopping there and online if the manager gets frustrated with all of the returns.

So be careful.

I will be careful but sadly @casey1985 it is not like I enjoy buying more copies than what I need and paying more money for them. But while @BBYTerence is trying hard to remedy the problem; we still have frustrated forum members with 1- 2 scratched steelbooks of the most recent release Logan, WONDER WOMAN (Animation) STEELBOOK  and xXx: return of the xander cage. I am trying to wait to see what BBYTerence finds from out from The Powers That Be concerning how they are going to rectify this issue so I can go back to ordering just one copy. But if a manager gets frustrated with all of the returns then bans me from shopping there and online; so be it but what is the alternative; it is not like the good old days when we could walk into Best Buy or Future Shop and physically walk into the store and inspect the steelbooks ourselves because now days they depending on the title they are sold out  2-3 hours after the store opens. 

On a side note has anyone read that a certain online competitor named after a river has open a few brick and mortar book stores in certain cities in the USA. While I am not so impressed with the bookstore aspect I am getting the impression they are testing the waters to expand into other physical media that is exclusive only to them. 

Luminary

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

On a side note has anyone read that a certain online competitor has open a few brick and mortar book stores in certain cities in the USA. While I am not so impressed with the bookstore aspect I am getting the impression they are testing the waters to expand into other physical media that is exclusive only to them. 

This is off topic for this thread, but I will indulge with a simple response, not going to happen.

Digital media sold in a physical form is still only digital.

Books on the other hand, are on a totally different playing field. Given this retailer's humble beginnings, he's simply paying tribute to the media that launched his empire.

There will always be a market for books, because a digital copy will never have the same feel, smell or attraction of a bound paper copy, just like a photograph of a famous painting will never be the same as the real thing.

Epic Genius

@bjmaxvin67

I understand.  I'm just letting you know that's why I am banned.

Which is why I order all my steelbooks from overseas now.  Sometimes I would put in a reserve at a different Best Buy store for pick-up on release day.  But since that wasn't available for La La Land, The Mummy collection and Logan, I didn't even bother travelling to the store to see if a copy was available in store.

Now I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't have found any copies of any of those titles.

I believe stores received a maximum of 2 copies of La La Land and a maximum of 4 copies of Logan.  I don't think the Mummy collection was even released in stores.

And with the poor quality on every release now...anyway.

But if I wanted to, I could still get a copy of Xander Cage or Doctor Strange without a title on the spine. Smiley LOL

Luminary
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

On a side note has anyone read that a certain online competitor has open a few brick and mortar book stores in certain cities in the USA. While I am not so impressed with the bookstore aspect I am getting the impression they are testing the waters to expand into other physical media that is exclusive only to them. 

This is off topic for this thread, but I will indulge with a simple response, not going to happen.

Thank You @Jacques1400I did not think so. Smiley LOL  

Luminary

Well @casey1985 Thank You for the heads up; but I am sorry too hear about you being am banned that is just plain wrong on so many levels. Seeing how there are there are so many quality issue with the steelbook could you not argued that point. Smiley Sad For the record I went through my orders and cancelled many of the ones I had order two of; which was not easy because I placed some orders like Logan on two seperate orders dates ( well Best Buy hope these orders come in the mail in prestine condition) the only one I was not able to cancel was the Transformers steelbooks ( I guess I will be suspended when I take them back) Smiley Frustrated. Which really at this point is not a joking matter; maybe after the weekend @BBYTerence or anybody from the forum can tell us how to handle situations like these. Smiley Indifferent