Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Quality of Steelbooks - Spine Slashes, damages, etc...

Drum18 wrote:

La La Land was one of the worst I've seen in recent history from BBYC for defects.  Would say more than 60% I've seen.

Especially with slashed spine and tears in the plastic wrap:

01a.jpg

When I see this straight line, this is clearly an employee's fault. Could be anywhere in the process (store, warehouse, distributor, Scanavo, etc.), but that's for sure it's someone who doesn't know how to handle a box cutter.

Here's another one taken in March (don't even need an arrow to point the defect again:

02.jpg

@BBYTerence

This almost proves that getting multiples doesn't help avoid spine slashes. If all of the steelbooks are coming from the same box that is spine slashed, ALL of them will be slashed! Maybe 10+ will avoid it? Hey @Drum18 why do you buy so many? Just to avoid slashes, right?

Legendary Epic Genius

I think he is probably a GB host (hoping that he is!). Smiley Happy

Epic Genius

@Marcus05 @SonicBoom

I buy this many for Group Buy on Hi-Def Ninja only (you an check).  I don't resell those on Evilbay or else.  I only do this for my fellow collector friends around the globe. 

For regular release like Logan that I don't do GB, I normally buy 2 or 3 to be certain I can get a mint one.

And as @Jacques1400 said, the carton is THE ultimate solution. 

I collect Sideshow Statues (high end 500$+) and they ALWAYS put the extra piece of carton inside the shipping box to protect the art box inside.  Easy/Cheap and do the job perfectly!  Good job mentionning this J.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hey.

I would like to provide as many examples as possible to the logistics department so that they can investigate specific orders and how they were handled (e.g. spine slashes). All shipping and handling matters are their responsibility, so the more examples the better. Hopefully, with this info, they can better educate individuals on the handling of this type of product.

Could I trouble some of you to private message me with order numbers (does not have to be the most recent; some older ones are fine too). The bigger the list of order numbers I have, the better! If you have any photos, that would be a bonus.

Thanks.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I pre-ordered a SteelBook. I am just worried about the condition I will receive it in, even tho it is brand new and sealed. In the past, I have ordered many SteelBooks and under the seal I notice knife marks or slashes. It defeats the whole purpose of a collectible item. I just want to give heads up to your packaging team to be careful while handling SteelBooks. I am guessing the cause of this is when your team receives boxes of SteelBooks and you have to use a utility knife to open them, or something close. I am not sure. Please investigate this thank you.

I am paying a lot of money for these exclusive collectible items from BestBuy, and I enjoy shopping from the company. I don't want to be upset about it and have to return the item in the future. It is a collector's worst nightmare. 
Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the post.

darkmancool wrote:
I pre-ordered a SteelBook. I am just worried about the condition I will receive it in, even tho it is brand new and sealed. In the past, I have ordered many SteelBooks and under the seal I notice knife marks or slashes. It defeats the whole purpose of a collectible item. I just want to give heads up to your packaging team to be careful while handling SteelBooks. I am guessing the cause of this is when your team receives boxes of SteelBooks and you have to use a utility knife to open them, or something close. I am not sure. Please investigate this thank you.

I am paying a lot of money for these exclusive collectible items from BestBuy, and I enjoy shopping from the company. I don't want to be upset about it and have to return the item in the future. It is a collector's worst nightmare. 

Thanks for your post.

I have moved your post above over to this thread, which you started previously. Customer service and the people involved regarding this issue do not partipate or monitor the forum, so you aren't able to address them on here. I have forwarded customer feedback regarding steelbooks along, but the community team on the forum and I are not the ones who can resolve these types of issues. It seems like the knife marks are a handling issue, and if it is, I'm sure the people involved with handling these products will be notified and trained accordingly. I have no authority over how this will be investigated, nor do I know what's involved, but rest assured, all this feedback regarding damaged steelbooks has been forwarded along. Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'd say over half of my steelbooks from bestbuy have knife slashes in the spine.. This problem has been happening way back from harry potter black steelbook set..  Back when Futureshop was still around..  Most recently my star wars rouge one was slashed as well..

Very very common issue.. I've given up caring to some extent, but it would be awesome if this was fixed..  One step was the big cardboard boxes which saved the steelbooks from getting smashed by canada post.. but I susspect the slashes are as people think , workers opening boxes with knifes. 

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I just got my Lego Batman Steel and noticed a paint chip on the front, first time I've got a damaged Steel from Best Buy. Guess I have just been lucky until now

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Consider yourself lucky, mine came bent with a damaged corner.  I don't even know what to do, whether to return it or keep it since its sold out at all local stores now Smiley Sad

IMG_2908.JPGIMG_2907.JPG

Luminary
0 Kudos

Boy that looks really bad @momotastical I am sorry it came like that. Smiley Sad Why don't you send @BBYTerence  a private message with your  order number and the email associated with your account. Maybe he could pass that along so someone can reach out to you about a replacement. Smiley Indifferent