Epic Genius

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

@bjmaxvin67

Not yet.  Got tickets for tomorrow Saturday with Miss Drum and tickets for my 2nd viewing next Tuesday.

@BBYTerence

Now BBY USA confirmed theirs.  Time to show us yours Smiley LOL

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wonder-woman-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray...

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:

@BBYTerence

Any news/confirmation for a SteelBook for the comic book movie surprise of the year: Wonder Woman???

I felt like that was a given at this point, more of an issue of "when is it coming?"

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Luminary

Highlighted
Epic Genius

Just to be clear, 44.99$+tx = 51.75$ is NOT acceptable.  It's all cool and all that BBYC will carry this, but if price doesn't go down, I'll surely have to order it elsewhere and be cheaper :cough: 42$ with shipping from *ZelsewhereVI* :cough:

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:

Just to be clear, 44.99$+tx = 51.75$ is NOT acceptable.  It's all cool and all that BBYC will carry this, but if price doesn't go down, I'll surely have to order it elsewhere and be cheaper :cough: 42$ with shipping from *ZelsewhereVI* :cough:

I agree entirely. Two $44.99 steelbooks in one day? Come on Best Buy. I bet the regular version will be $32.99 tops...just ridiculous.

All of that said...is this the subtle confirmation that Disney is finally embracing 4K?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

So I guess I may have spoken too soon on the regular edition.

The non-steelbook 4K, 3D Blu-ray Combo pack is currently priced at $44.99 as well, and has the same temporary cover art as the steelbook. So be careful when pre-ordering!

Luminary
0 Kudos

Gents,

Nobody should be concerned with the placeholder pricing of either WW or GOTG, those prices will drop to competive levels at some point.

One thing I have noticed over the years, the earlier from the release date an edition is made available, the higher the initial purchase price is.

Legendary Epic Genius

I agree that this is probably temporary pricing which will drop as the release date approaches.

However, since it is a full package of 3D + 4K, the price may very well stay.

I will be watching prices of 3D only editions and if one comes up cheaper than the full package, I will definitely cancel and re-order the 3D only.