Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Wonder Woman Steelbook

How did these sell out so fast? Will there be more?
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Everyone buying 2-4 copies due to damages especially how Logan was 1 in 10 getting mint copies and sold out. So everyone is in fear of not getting a copy to exchange the. Being stuck with a damaged steelbook
Luminary
0 Kudos

Is there any word on if more will be available for order? The order went live and sold out all before I woke up today.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

The release date is a long time away.  There will likely be another batch available online before release date, and I'm sure there will be copies available in-store on release day (even if they are limited).

I know it sold out fast, but hopefully this is good news because this is the first time BB Canada has opened a pre-order day-and-date with the theatrical release.  Of course response would be high and now hopefully BBC will see the advantage in setting an early pre-order date.

The theatrical release date is probably the best time to offer online pre-orders.  Many other online retailers already know this.  The theatrical marketing, merchandising and social media buzz paid for by the studios are designed to culminate to this weekend, so it makes perfect sense to leverage all that well-spent money.

That and with the positive early buzz means that this movie is in a very good position to be a summer blockbuster.

I'm looking at AVX tickets to see this tonight and the seats are almost full.  This was not the case last weekend when I saw PIRATES 5 at the last minute.  

I think this will be bigger than PIRATES 5 because it has the male audience (comic fans, Gal Gadot fans, action/adventure fans), the female audience (pro-feminist fans, female lead fans) and kids.  I know a lot of kids want to see this more so than PIRATES.

Early buzz is very positive and some people are comparing this to THE DARK KNIGHT.  I've avoided all trailers, but the snippets that leaked through to me look pretty impressive and very story-driven.

You can't miss with any of the ads and promotion material.  Gal Gadot looks amazing as Wonder Woman in all of them and in this pro-feminist society we are living in right now, it seems like she is just the hero many people are looking for.

Luminary
0 Kudos

I agree with everything you said above, except the pro-feminist stuff, because feminism is cancer. But beyond that, the movie does look to be the first good DCEU entry. That's why I'm hoping more come available online.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Danno82 wrote:
I agree with everything you said above, except the pro-feminist stuff, because feminism is cancer. But beyond that, the movie does look to be the first good DCEU entry. That's why I'm hoping more come available online.

Well, I wasn't trying to make an opinion about feminism either way.

All I was saying is that if you are pro-feminist, it is a good time to be vocal about it in society today.

If you are anti-feminist, you probably want to keep it to yourself.Smiley Wink

Luminary
0 Kudos

Nah, I think it's important to point out something that is destroying society before it's too late.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I just came back from seeing WONDER WOMAN in the theatre.

Despite being skeptical at first about Gal Gadot, I have to say that she looks absolutely spectacular in the role.  You really can't get enough of her screen time in the film and I thought it ran really lonnnnng.

This looks like a winner for DC.  Much better than BvS or SUICIDE SQUAD.  This was a very character-driven movie!

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

I'm looking at AVX tickets to see this tonight and the seats are almost full.  This was not the case last weekend when I saw PIRATES 5 at the last minute.  

I think this will be bigger than PIRATES 5 because it has the male audience (comic fans, Gal Gadot fans, action/adventure fans), the female audience (pro-feminist fans, female lead fans) and kids.  I know a lot of kids want to see this more so than PIRATES.

Early buzz is very positive and some people are comparing this to THE DARK KNIGHT.  I've avoided all trailers, but the snippets that leaked through to me look pretty impressive and very story-driven.

That's because it's not terrible and the public were actually demanding a Wonder Woman movie after Gal's breakout performance in BvS (one of the best things that movie had going for it). The great reviews helped too. None of these things were in Pirates favour, so yes, it's definetely going to clobber Pirates. Very pleased this one got the steelbook in early.

As for the Dark Knight comparison...it's good, but it's not THAT good.

Epic Genius

My best bet considering the latest few releases, is that the 1st allocation was too small and the product buyers will adjust their numbers and more will be available in the coming weeks/months...  Release is in September so I'm sure people who missed it will have a 2nd chance.

Just be sure to Subscribe to this thread to be informed first hand when they come back in stock!