Pioneer
0 Kudos

Issue Following-up on a LG RETURN AUTHORIZATION (RA) for TV

Hi

I purchased an OLED LG TV back in FEB/2017.

I had some picture issues with my tv, called LG Support for service under warranty.

a local tech called me on behalf of LG to come and fix it.

Part was unavailable and he told me LG provided a return authorization number and I should take the tv back, get credited the price I paid, and buy whatever I want.

I visited a local store and explained to them the situation, but no help! they said that I should wait for a CALL or a form of CONTACT by bestbuy and they would tell me how to proceed. a week went by and I called bestbuy.ca, explained the issue, no help again, they said visit a local store and they will help you! (Which I Had already done!)

Could somebody who has experience with RA's shed some light and direct me with what I have to do. I have paid over $5k for this tv and have been staring at it for the past month!

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Issue Following-up on a LG RETURN AUTHORIZATION (RA) for TV

Hi there - did you purchase the TV with our Geek Squad Protection or is it just the manufacturers warranty?

RA's are a bit tricky as typically the process involves the vendor contacting the store with the approval number and then the return/exchange can be processed.

There is no direct communication between us and LG that I am aware of, at least when it comes to manufacturer warranty claims, as that is dealt through the vendor directly.

I would suggest working with the original store's leadership team to find a solution for your issue.

Best of luck
Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

I have not bought geek squad, this is just the original tv warranty.

The problem becomes that there is no ORIGINAL STORE because I have bought this online.

So I was on the phone with LG and they told me to get bestbuy to reach them with the RA and they will take care of it.

So you think I should just go to the local bestbuy again, ask for a manager, explain and have them contact LG with the RA and figure things out?

Also is there anyway to email stores/managers of stores instead of visiting and getting turned away.

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi @Amir021, sorry to hear about the issues you're having. Smiley Frustrated

As you purchased your TV on-line, I might suggest contacting Best Buy Customer Services, to arrange for a Return Authorization at your nearest Best Buy store.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

as I stated they weren't able to help and told me that I have to deal with the store; when I asked where and how, they just said go to any store and they will help!

I will visit a store near me in the coming week to try to sort this out... but Im not so hopeful! I feel like it would have been much easier if LG Credited me instead of Bestbuy!!! 

If Im not successful I'll try to get LG to take care of things and if they don't I'll sue them in small claims court for the amount paid as they have not carried out their duty to fix/replace my tv.