Luminary
0 Kudos

Purolator is the new shipping service?

[ Edited ]

Is Best Buy now using Purolator to ship everything? I have no love for Canada Post but they are so far better than Puralotor they aren't even in the same league. If Best Buy is only shipping with Purolator now I'm taking my business elsewhere. They are the absolute worst. Also warn customer that YOU HAVE CHANGED SHIPPING SERVICES. I now have a package basically lost because it can't be delivered to my PO box at Canada Post using Purolator. Because why would I think that suddenly things would change after 5 years of nothing but CP.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Purolator is the new shipping service?

[ Edited ]

I have never had any issues with Purolator, its possible that they got a better deal with purolator.

Also if you look back there is lots of complaints about canada post, there is no way to make everyone happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Except for one major difference. I can have packages delivered to a post office with CP. With Purolator I need to wait until they try to deliver it to my home, which i'm never at since I work and then wait for it to arrive at the depot which is an hour away. Then I need to call and have it moved to a reasonable pickup location. And of course it ALWAYS arrives damaged. So add 2 additional days to the estimated delivery time. I don't care if they got a better deal with Purolator. It does nothing beneficial for me. And yeah there are lots of complaints for CP but Best Buy was using them all the time, there's bound to be complaints it doesn't make them worse or even equal to Purolator.

0 Kudos

I never said they were worse or equal, but there is no way to make everyone happy. Its unfortunate for you that purolator is bad for you but for others it will be better. Its better for me as everything arrives right at my door. Since we have door to door with CP we wont usually get large packages and I have to go to the CP depot to get those

Also you can sign the back of the purolator card to say you autherize them to leave them at your house so that you dont need to always go to the depot.

Best thing you could do is call customer service and let them know of you complaint, if they get lots and it turns out the majority of poeple liked CP better than they may switch back

Luminary
0 Kudos

Sorry I don't mean to be harsh but I've had nothing but trouble with Purolator. In fact I only just received an cheque from them in the mail for a package they lost 1.5 months ago. I've never had that happen with CP.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I havent found you to be harsh at all. Just a lively discussion, I do suggested that you call and place an official complaint as there isnt many Best Buy employees that read these forum. It may turn out that you are not alone and may others have the same issues as you.  I live in a city, and since you say you have a PO box and its an hour and a half to the puroloator depot I would assume you live in more of a rural area, so it could be that the issuse you encounter with Purolator are due to them being terrible with Rural delieverys.

If enough people complain maybe Best Buy will change their policy and use Purolator for citys and Canada post for Rural or PO box addresses

@BBYBilly  are you able to shed any insight on to why the shipping change?

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

I know they did post some details on our employee news as per why there would be a switch, from my understanding is that it will most likly just be temperary as Canada post will be under going some things internally. Yes I know some people may not be happy about the temperary change but this is so that our current customers do not have any issues with shipping their orders while Canada post does their changes. Thanks!

0 Kudos

@JoshuaB955  oh so it could be to the possible Lock out that may take place so once that is all over with shipping may go back to canada post

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

From my understanding of reading the ETK article that was posted a while ago yes? Unless something unforeseen happens probably.
Community Manager

Hey @SecondOpinion & @Drax86,

I'm happy to help clear this situation up. 

As always, we are committed to exceptional delivery of our products and excellent customer service. Our main shipping partner, Canada Post, has been in negotiation with its employees on a new labour contract, and a potential service disruption may occur as early as July 3rd, 2016. In anticipation, we have temporarily transitioned our shipping needs to Purolator to avoid the risk of any delays.

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation