Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I'm looking for an affordable security camera to use while on vacation.

Is there a security camera or webcam that can record days of video (or photos taken at intervals) at a time, automatically and frequently upload it (not sure where to... help?), and is wired (no wifi)? I'm looking for an economical option to use while away on vacation for a few days.

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: I'm looking for an affordable security camera to use while on vacation.

[ Edited ]

I don't know much about security cameras, but this $55.00 security camera on BestBuy.ca seems to do the job you want.

Not sure why you don't want Wi-Fi, but it is both wired and wireless.

D-Link Wireless Day/Night Home Network Security Camera (DCS-942L/RE)

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: I'm looking for an affordable security camera to use while on vacation.

typecastjune wrote:

Is there a security camera or webcam that can record days of video (or photos taken at intervals) at a time, automatically and frequently upload it (not sure where to... help?), and is wired (no wifi)? I'm looking for an economical option to use while away on vacation for a few days.

I presume that you do have intrnet access at home, albeit wi-fi?

Keep in mind, most all surveillance camera systems use a cloud based service to upload recordings onto, and that usually comes with a fee.

Some models will allow for local recording onto internal micro SD card or connect to a computer (such as the unit shown by @SonicBoom ). Others will record onto an external Hard Drive, I would also suggest the Swann SWDVK-443502-CA as a good option for your needs. 

I would encourage you to have a chat with a Best Buy sales associate about your needs.